The War Memorial was built by Thomas Kent of Boston at a cost of £150. It is made of broken Aberdeen red granite on a Portland stone base. The broken column depicts the broken lives of so many young men and women. The Dedication Ceremony was performed by Reverend Henry Felix, Church of England Rector in September 1921. The hymns were "Let Saints On Earth" and "O God Our Help In Ages Past" followed by the National Anthem. Captain S V Hotchkin MP unveiled the memorial.
The Chairman of Coningsby Parish Council at that time was Councillor Guy Simple.
The Inscription on the Memorial reads as follows:
This Monument is erected by the parishioners of Coningsby in loving and grateful memory of all whose names are recorded
below and who gave their lives in the Great War of 1914 to 1918.
James Arthur Cobb
Edward Inman Codd
Lionel Clifton (missing)
Edward Barker Kettle
Arthur Edwin Lane
John William Wilkinson
Charles Herbert Ward
John T E Wright
Who made the supreme sacrifice in the second World War of 1939 to 1945 and in gratitude for the lives spared.
W A Bettison
F E Brown
H V Mayfield
The War memorial has been refurbished during 2010 by William Kent memorial masons with the help of a grant from the War Memorials trust, the names have all been re enameled and the whole structure has undergone a thorough clean in preparation for the re-dedication of the Coningsby Memorial in it's 90th year 2011.