Budget meeting January 2022
Coningsby Town Council
Finance and Budget setting meeting held 10 January 2022
Councillors Chairman P Donnellan, Chris Waites, Dick Johnson, Glyn Olive, Amanda Bowen, Marlene Wilson, Ruth Sharples & Mary Walker
Clerks Kathy Roberts & Sarah Kulwicki
- Welcome from Chairman Cllr Paddy Donnellan
- Apologies and reasons for absence were heard and Resolved from Cllr Iain Burnley.
- No additional declarations of interest recorded.
Council resolved to move into closed session to discuss financial matters
- Grass cutting tenders one only received this item deferred to January 27th meeting
- Cemetery Land – no movement, Clerk to write to farmer requesting conversation about possible purchase of land.
Pilgrim Square – Council is having conversation about land transfer with East Lindsey, there was brief discussion all agreed for more information to be gained and brought to January 27th meeting.
After discussion Proposal, Cllr Wilson, seconded Cllr Johnson to set the ground staff including Pavilion CT, Play Area CT, Clock Winder plus two employees providing cover for all areas; salary increase at 5% bringing them into line with the national living wage from April 2022. Vote taken all voted in favour RESOLVED
Proposal, Cllr Olive, seconded Cllr Wilson to set the salary increase at 3% for both the Clerks. Vote taken voted in favour RESOLVED
Budget Proposed Cllr Johnson, seconded Cllr Wilson £110,000 an increase of 6.8% or 55p per month on a band D property. Vote taken all voted in favour RESOLVED
Chairman thanked Councillors for their input and Clerks for presenting the budget proposals – it was agreed that there needs to be some consistency with general reserves and ringfenced reserves being clearly defined within the accounts.